New Orleans & Company Names 2019 Board of Directors
Steve Caputo, Hotel Manager of the Hotel Monteleone, appointed Chairman of the Board
New Orleans & Company has inducted key leaders in the city's tourism industry to serve on its 2019 Board of Directors. This diverse group of business leaders will provide guidance and direction for New Orleans' $7.41 billion tourism industry and advance the interests of the more than 1,100 members of New Orleans & Company. Serving as chairman of the board is Steve Caputo, Hotel Manager of the Hotel Monteleone and the Bienville House Hotel.
Steve Caputo joined the Hotel Monteleone in 1993 and the Bienville House Hotel in 1995 after years in management positions for Hyatt Hotels. Steve has been instrumental in the development of the historic hotel, transforming it to the four-diamond luxury property that exists today. Steve is hands-on and involved in all hotel operations, overseeing a staff of more than 500 associates and several multi-million-dollar renovations over the years. Steve is actively involved with the hospitality industry; he holds several positions on various boards in addition to New Orleans & Company, including the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, Greater New Orleans Hotel & Lodging Association, French Quarter Management District and serving as a commissioner to the New Orleans Civil Service Commission.
“With key leadership in place for 2019, led by Steve Caputo, we are looking forward to implementing our strategies for impacting visitation through sales, marketing, public relations and customer service. We are continuing to tout the major growth and expansions across the city, including a new world-class terminal opening at the Louis Armstrong International Airport, new hotels, restaurants and attractions, all helping us influence decision makers and visitors to choose New Orleans as their top destination for 2019 and beyond,” said Stephen Perry, President & CEO, New Orleans & Company.
The 2019 Board of Directors Executive Committee:
- Steve Caputo, Hotel Monteleone (Chairman of the Board)
- Amy Reimer, International House Hotel (Chair-Elect)
- Gregory Rusovich, Transoceanic Development (Past Chair)
- Steve Pettus, Dickie Brennan & Company (Treasurer)
- Darryl Berger, The Berger Company (Secretary)
- Jim Cook, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel (Assistant Secretary)
- Justin Augustine, RTA
- Darryl Berger, The Berger Company
- Brandy Christian, Port of New Orleans
- Kevin Dolliole, New Orleans Aviation Director at the Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY)
- Ron Forman, Audubon Nature Institute
- Stan Harris, Louisiana Restaurant Association
- Melvin Rodrigue, Galatoire’s
- Kristi Taglauer, Aloft New Orleans Downtown
- Doug Thornton, LSED/SMG Superdome
- Mickal Adler, Coleman E. Adler & Sons
- Zeid Ammari, Creole Cuisine Restaurant Concepts
- Dottie Belletto, NOCCI*
- David Bilbe, Omni Royal New Orleans
- Aaron Dirks, Joieful/Limousine Livery
- Terry Epton, Hosts New Orleans
- Tom Leonhard, HRI Properties*
- Quentin Messer, New Orleans Business Alliance
- Jim Oliver, Ritz-Carlton New Orleans
- David Piscola, Hilton New Orleans Riverside*
- Frank Quinn, Outlet Collection at Riverwalk
- Michael Smith, Hyatt Regency New Orleans
- Stephen Watson, National WWII Museum
- Charlee Williamson, Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group
- Jimmie Woods, Metro Service Group*
*Newly appointed for 2019
Headshots available for all board members upon request.
The Nominating Committee received nominations from New Orleans & Company members and selected board candidates based on their industry knowledge, experience and diversity. The slate was elected by New Orleans & Company’s membership at the Annual Business Meeting held on December 6, 2018.
Acerca de New Orleans & Company
New Orleans & Company is a nationally accredited, 1,100-member destination marketing organization and the largest and most successful private economic development corporation in Louisiana. New Orleans & Company and its members and partners influence thousands of decision-makers and millions of visitors to choose New Orleans through direct sales, marketing, public relations, branding, visitor services and local advocacy initiatives at our New Orleans headquarters and offices in Chicago, Columbia, SC, Washington, D.C., the United Kingdom, France, Germany and China. Consistently recognized as one of the top five destination marketing organizations in the country, New Orleans & Company celebrates its 59th anniversary in 2019. For more information, please visit Neworleans.com/about.